Vlisco Fashion Fund
Supporting tomorrow’s fashion professionals.
Apply before 30 September.
Who can apply
- All emerging African fashion designers, living in- or outside Africa, are welcome to enter the contest.
- To participate you must have some, but no more than 3 years of professional experience as a fashion designer.
- You can have a maximum of 2 employees.
- You should be able to demonstrate that the funding of €5.000 is necessary to move your business forward.
How to apply
1. Create an account on this page with your email address and choose a password.
2. Click the ‘Start Your Pitch’-button to create account.
3. Find the confirmation email in your inbox (don’t forget to check your spambox).
4. Submit your portfolio, CV and business plan through our online application form on this page.*
5. Finalize the application by September 30 2018. By creating an account, you are able to save your plan and continue to work on it when it suits you best.
* Applicants living in Ghana, Togo, Benin, Cote D’Ivoire and Congo can contact their local Vlisco store to inquire for in-store registration dates if necessary.
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that applications can only be done through our online application form. All other forms of entry can not be considered.
About the contest
The Vlisco Fashion Fund calls all upcoming African fashion designers, living in or outside Africa, to enter the contest by submitting their portfolio, CV and business plan through our online application form.
Following this, selected candidates will be invited for an interview, after which 3 candidates per country will be selected to go through to the final round. The candidates will be presented with a brief and will have one month to complete the assignment. From this, an international panel of judges will assess and choose the 7 winners of the Vlisco Fashion Fund. The judges are acclaimed professionals and entrepreneurs involved in the African fashion industry.
About the prize
The 7 winners of the Vlisco Fashion Fund will receive funding of €5.000 and a two-week Masterclass in the Netherlands. The funding must be invested into the business to facilitate growth, help finance the set-up of a studio, new equipment etc. Each winner will also be invited to attend a masterclass in tailoring at ‘Meester Coupeur’: A renowned tailoring academy in Amsterdam, where many famous names of the Dutch fashion industry trained.
Vlisco Fashion Facilitation System
The Fashion Fund is just one of the Vlisco initiatives that invest in the African fashion industry. By sharing our knowledge, expertise and network we can support emerging tailors and fashion designers in launching and strengthening their own fashion label in West Africa.
In addition, as complementary initiatives, we also offer the Tailor Academy, and the Tailor Masterclass.
Discover the Masterclass journey of Belinda, Constance and Sali.
Contact your local store
For more information about the Vlisco Fashion Fund and in-store registration dates, please contact your local store.
For other questions, mail to email@example.com
|Nigeria:||(+234) 8090 199 955|
|Ghana:||(+233) 302 900 437 or (+233) 209 981 414|
|Ivory Coast:||(+225) 22 41 43 39 or (+225) 23 53 53 92|
|DRCongo:||(+243) 970 002 596|
|Benin:||(+229) 965 546 11|
|Togo:||(+228) 22212800 or Whatsapp: (+228) 9292 9292|